It’s that time again for another crossover episode with my good friend, Melanie Dale. Each month, Melanie and I sit down and have a conversation about a topic that we are both surviving and that we could lighten up about. So one part is here and the part of the conversation is on her show, Lighten Up with Melanie Dale. So be sure to hop over there when are you are finished listening to this one.
This month we are talking about our emotions—specifically about anger. We talk about the last time we were angry, what triggers our anger, what helps us control our anger and what helps us control the anger before we erupt like a volcano.
- Lighten Up with Melanie Dale crossover show with Surviving Sarah
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Are My Kids On Track podcast & book
- Feelings Chart
- She's Gonna Blow by Julie Barnhill - Surviving Sarah episode 80
- Triggers by Wendy Speake & Amber Lia - Surviving Sarah episode 10
- Calming Angry Kids by Tricia Goyer
- Lisa Jo Baker on anger
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
- What causes anger to rise up in you? (traffic, children, etc)
- What external and internal things trigger your anger?
- What pressures do you put on yourself that tend to have anger rise up?
- What helps you to create margin?
- What helps you control your anger?
- What can we do to make sure this is a safe place to talk about our emotions?
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Tricia865". She said, “I have loved every episode I’ve listened to so far. I feel like sarah is always talking to incredibly relevant, intelligent and awesome people with very relevant and helpful topics. There really is something for everyone here. I’m so addicted that I’ve started going back in time and listening to all the old ones.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!