Today’s guest is Emily Vogeltanz. She's a mom, wife, a country girl living in the city, and a church builder. She has worked with Passion Conference + Passion City Church for 16+ years in various roles. She currently helps lead Passion City Cumberland and the Grove which is a monthly women's gathering.
I was so excited to sit across the table from her. We talk about marriage, kids, ministry, fear, travel, dreams and what we want most of our own hearts to believe. This is one of those episodes that is packed full of goodness—that feels like you literally sat down with a friend over coffee.
- Passion City Church
- The Grove
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Holis
- Surviving Sarah with Suzanne Stabile (enneagram) and Sarah as a guest on Suzanne's show, The Enneagram Journey
- Madewell t-shirts
- Library Card
- My people
- Care/of - for 25% off first month of personalized Care/of vitamins use code SURVIVE
- True Botanicals - get free samples and receive $20 off orders of $40 or more off your first purchase with the code SURVIVE
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Connect with Emily: Instagram
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
Stop comparing yourself to someone else and bloom where you are. Trust Jesus with your life to do what he wants you to do. Learn to love who God made you to be.
Dream big dreams and go for it! Step out and use your gifts. Be a contributor somewhere. Do the next right thing - you just have to show up. Don’t think about writing a book or chapter. Just show up and be ready. Then, if you stumble or fail, show yourself some grace.
- How does fear keep you from stepping out?
- Do you struggle to feel like you are falling behind? But in what ways has your life been on pause? How has that defined who you think you are?
- Do you struggle to dream? What do you want the next 10 years to look like?
- In what ways has comparison stolen your joy of whatever phase you are in currently?
- What helps you to understand your worth?
- What is one thing you want to do this week based on today's conversation?
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Kati Snody". She said, “I like to think Sarah is like my soul sister. I see so much of myself in her and I am so thankful that she brings this show into our ears each week. I look forward to her weekly shows with anticipation because you never know what kind of show you are going to get. Sarah is delicate, funny, honest, raw and all around a beautiful person"
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!