Shannan Martin joins me for Episode 16 of the Surviving Sarah podcast. If you don't know her already, she writes over at Flowerpatch Farmgirl. Shannan and her husband Cory have 4 kids. God stitched her family together in different ways and from different places. And she has experienced over the last few years what its like to get the life you always dreamed of only to realize through losing it that it wasn't what she truly wanted.
It didn't take long for us to realize that we are kindred spirits--especially unified in our love for gingham shirts. We could have easily talked for hours, but instead we kept it slightly shorter. We talked about everything from books to netflix to our dream houses to being front yard people and so very much more. Shannan has become a strong voice of influence in a community of people who desire to love their neighbor.
Links mentioned in the show:
- David Platt "Radical" series & book
- Tatoo's On The Heart by Gregory Boyle
- Interrupted: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity by Jen Hatmaker
- Irresistable Revolution: Living As An Ordinary Radical by Shane Cleborne
- The Barefoot Church: Serving The Least In A Consumer Culture by Brandon Hatmaker
- Simply Tuesday by Emily Freeman
- Grace For The Good Girl by Emily Freeman
- Every Little Thing by Diedra Riggs
- Wild In The Hollow by Amber Haines
- The Same Sky by Amanda Eyre Ward
- Falling Free: Rescued From The Life I Always Wanted by Shannan Martin
- Parenthood series
Shannan's Survival Kit:
- Having a morning ritual: walk kids to school, Earl Gray Tea, Overnight Oats (click link for recipe)
- Jcrew catalog
- Coloring as a family using Sakura Koi Coloring Brush Pens (here or here)
Thank you for listening to my conversation with Shannan. As I was editing, I wrote down so many take aways but one thing that is very timely for me was the idea of how we can all do things scared. I'm in a season currently where I don't know what the next month looks like. When friends ask how i'm feeling, I usually say I'm scared but I'm okay. I feel good. God is a god who sees me. and just because it is scary doesn't mean I shouldn't do it.
I hope you also had a take away from today's episode. I would love to hear from you about. Leave a comment or find me over @sarahwbragg on IG or Twitter. I would love for you to share the show this week. Wherever you spend your time online, would you share the show? My love for you will grow deeper ! Thanks again for joining me and I hope this show helps you survive a little easier today.
*affiliate links used when possible. if you purchase through the links provided then you've found a simple way to support Surviving Sarah.