One of the best things about where we live is that it only takes us about 20 minutes to get to Ikea. If you know me, then you know that I really enjoy Ikea... for the most part. There is something so inspiring about walking through a showroom that shows you entire livings spaces completely finished in different square feet. When we renovated our Ocoee Street home, we chose to use Ikea for our kitchen and girls' bathroom so we clearly love Ikea. It's been awhile since I've been to Ikea and I'm really itching to go. Plus, they are about to launch their new kitchens!! I am seriously excited to see what these new and improved kitchens are like. You can read about it here and here.
1. We need two chairs for our bedroom to create a functional space for us as a retreat. Since we live in a small house, we need another area where we can escape our children when we want to have a conversation or read. These chairs are new and I really like their style.
2. One thing we did when we moved in was replace 3 of the nasty outdated ceiling fans (in the kitchen, living room & playroom). Now that the girls have moved into the room formerly known as my office, we need to remove that fan, too. It really is a hazard since the girls could hit their head when climbing up to the top bunk. I'm thinking something like this ceiling light.
3. Since we signed our lease for another year, we decided that we really need to work on creating a functional, enjoyable outdoor space. I've had my eye on this sectional since last spring to surround our fire pit.
4. & 5. & 9. For whatever reason, I've never been one for artificial plants inside however when you have a cat that eats EVERYTHING (especially flowers/plants/leaves) and makes himself sick then artificial may be my only option. There is a spot in my living room that seems to need a little something like this or this. I also LOVE this galvanized bucket/pot for either the inside or my front steps. (ya'll, my front steps need some serious attention, too).
6. I'm crushing on this cowhide rug to go in our bedroom with the 2 chairs to help create its own little sitting area.
7. & 8. Do you ever just get tired of your bedding? I really do love white and we've had white for years, but then I saw this picture on Instagram and I was really drawn to it. Something about it looks so cozy. Here and here.
So there it is.... my Friday Finds Ikea Style edition. What's your latest Ikea Crush?