Author, blogger and speaker Elizabeth Oates joins me for Episode 121. Her family tree was plagued with generations of divorce, addiction, abuse, abandonment and brokenness. But Elizabeth has experienced God’s redemption and restoration which is why she has such a passion for women to experience hope and healing.
We talk about what its like raising 5 kids, her passion for foster care, how the enneagram has helped her to understand her story, what it was like to experience such dysfunction growing up, what that dysfunction caused her to believe about herself and God, and how it affected her early years of marriage.
- Mending Broken Branches: When God Reclaims Your Dysfunctional Family by Elizabeth Oates
- Dealing With Divorce: Finding Direction When Your Parents Split Up (Leader Guide) by Elizabeth Oates
- Dealing With Divorce: Finding Direction When Your Parents Split Up (Participant Guide) by Elizabeth Oates
- If You Could See as Jesus Sees: Inspiration for a Life of Hope, Joy and Purpose by Elizabeth Oates
- Are My Kids On Track podcast & Discussion Guide Questions
- Song Finch - use the promo code SURVIVE for 10% off your personalized song from scratch. To listen to the song I created for my mom, click here.
- FASTer Way To Fat Loss - click this link to check out the program and then when you sign up Surviving Sarah will receive a kickback
Elizabeth's Survival Kit:
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
Do you know how to handle conflict well? I know that I walked into marriage not knowing much about conflict. What are some of your best tips for handling conflict? One thing that I'm working on is learning how my spouse (and those I am in relationship with) is wired. I'm using the Enneagram to help with that. Suzanne Stabile's new book called The Path Between Us is very helpful for this!
Are you doing anything that brings you joy? What can you start doing daily, weekly or monthly to bring you joy or laughter?
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Tricia865". She said, “I have loved every episode I’ve listened to so far. I feel like sarah is always talking to incredibly relevant, intelligent and awesome people with very relevant and helpful topics. There really is something for everyone here. I’m so addicted that I’ve started going back in time and listening to all the old ones.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!